Happy Good Friday to all of you!I just e-mailed Drew; and after doing so, I thought it might be a good idea to post my thoughts to the rest of you as well.
Today is an amazing day, because it is a day that we reflect on the sacrifice God made for us because of how much He loves us. Drew & I talk about how much we love eacother & how it is so much more than either one of us thought someone was capable of loving another person. Most of you are married, so I am sure you all know how we feel. Well take that love you have for your spouse or your kids or another loved one, and multiply it times infinity. That is the love that God has for us. We can't even comprehend it. God has been teaching me that lately, and He has been using Drew and my relationship with Drew to show me many things. Not only have I been reminded of the immeasurable degree of the love that God has for me, but God wants to spend time with ME! I was reminded of that one day when Drew and I were talking about how we just can't wait to be together, because we love spending time with eachother. We crave eachother's presence. It then hit me that because God loves me so much more than I could ever love Drew (which is a cery hard concept to grasp, because I love him so much), He craves spending time with me even more than I crave spending time with Drew. How amazing is it that God wants to spend time with us. And who am I that I can't devote at least 15 minutes to Him a day? Wow! How selfish am I. The creator of the universe, the savior of the world wants to hang out with me. So I just wanted to pass along that awesome reminder, because I was very humbled by it; and encourage each of you to spend time with our Savior, not just today, but each day, and thank Him for making the ultimate sacrifice.
Here are the lyrics to a song that I love - not only is this song especially appropriate on a day like today, but it should be the cry of each of our hearts on a daily basis.
(To listen to the whole song, you can go to Chris Tomlin's myspace & click on "Jesus Messiah" in the music box on the left)
Here are the lyrics to a song that I love - not only is this song especially appropriate on a day like today, but it should be the cry of each of our hearts on a daily basis.
(To listen to the whole song, you can go to Chris Tomlin's myspace & click on "Jesus Messiah" in the music box on the left)
"JESUS MESSIAH" - Chris Tomlin
He became sin
Who knew no sin
That we might become His Righteousness
He humbled himself and carried the cross
Love so amazing Love so amazing
Love so amazing Love so amazing
Chorus
Jesus Messiah
Name above all names
Blessed Redeemer
Emmanuel
The rescue for sinners
The ransom from heaven
Jesus Messiah
Lord of all
His body the bread
His blood the wine
Broken and poured out all for love
The whole earth trembled
And the veil was torn
Chorus
All I hope is in You
All I hope is in You
All the glory to You, God
The light of the world
Chorus
No comments:
Post a Comment