Thursday, June 4, 2009

A little more than three months to go...

Each time I sit down to write another post for this thing, I am more and more amazed at how quickly time is seeming to pass. Drew and I have already been engaged for more than three and a half months, and the wedding is only five and a half months away. What's even more awesome is that Drew is returning home in about THREE months! I can't even begin to express my excitement, especially when that excitement is growing by the second.

It also helps that Drew and I come up with different ways of looking at these various time frames that make them all seem even closer. Plus, he and I are both trying to stay busy. He tells me that nothing over there ever changes; it's just the same thing and the same routine every day. I'm not quite sure how true that is, but I do know that he is always doing something and is staying busy.

On the other hand, "routine" is definitely not a word I would use to describe MY schedule. I have been moving a hundred miles a minute the past couple of weeks and have loved every second of it. I've been spending a lot of time cleaning up and cleaning out my house. Not only was I preparing for my mom's recent visit (I'll talk about that in a minute), but I was (and am) trying to get organized for my upcoming move; because my time in Destin between now and the wedding is very minimal (as of the end of June, I will only be here about a week here and there).

Last week, I drove down to Ft. Myers...

... to attend my cousin Amanda's high school graduation...

... with several of my relatives...


... including my precious granddad...

... and to attend Amanda's graduation party, where Mom and Aunt Debra turned out to be dancing machines.

Even Granddad apparently had his dancing shoes on.

Although my trip only lasted four days, I had a lot of fun spending time with family. Then Mom drove back up to Destin with me to do some wedding stuff. We went to Mobile Monday to pick up my dress, which is even more beautiful than I remember! We also went by the shop where the bridesmaids dresses and tuxes are being ordered to work out some things there. Plus, we found some places for our guests to stay the weekend of the wedding, and we got some other little details worked out, too. And last night, we went out to eat with Drew's parents at the restaurant where our reception will be held. Unfortunately, I had to take her to the airport this morning to send her home; but we obviously got a lot of stuff done and managed to have some non-wedding related fun as well.

And now it's June, which I gladly welcome, because it's another month closer to Drew coming home; but I won't be upset when it's over. Dear September, please hurry up.

No comments: