Aloha from the island of Maui!
Yes, we are still alive... It has just been a whirlwind of a summer!
It all began with my parents' visit to Alaska over the Memorial Day holiday (which I mentioned in the post about Drew's promotion). Our trip down to Denali and Anchorage was so amazing, and it truly was the best birthday I have ever had! Immediately after their visit, I headed back home to Destin for about 10 days, while Drew went into the field; but he met me in Florida later for a couple of days for his sister's wedding. We both left on June 13th. He went back to Alaska for yet another field training exercise (this one was much longer), while I went to New York to see my family and attend my younger brother's high school graduation. On June 29th, after a couple of weeks in New York, I flew to Maui; and Drew met me here on July 2nd (my parents and younger brother are here as well). Drew was here for about two weeks and just recently headed back to Alaska. This was his first trip to Hawaii, and he had a blast! We participated in so many activities, and we pretty much decided that we want to figure out a way to retire here... right now. :) Yeah, wouldn't that be nice?!
And I am actually still here on Maui. I stayed a few extra days, because throughout this whole summer I was still taking classes (talk about stressful - traveling AND school!), and the summer session just recently finished up; so Drew thought I should enjoy this time of no classes and spend a few extra days with my family enjoying paradise before heading back up to Alaska. What a sweet husband, right!? I really am truly blessed.
I am anxious to catch everyone up on all of our adventures. I promise when I get back to Alaska and get back into the swing of things, I will post pictures and tell you all about our fun adventures this summer from all over the country!
No comments:
Post a Comment