Sunday, November 9, 2008

Finally...

I finally put a blog together, so that it is easier to keep all of you up-to-date with what is going on with me and with Drew. After starting the email updates, I have been so overwhelmed by all the supportive replies and prayers that we have received. Thank you to all of you who have been praying for Drew as he is serving our country overseas.

Drew is still doing extremely well considering the circumstances. He recently received a promotion, which lifted his spirits; and it was such an answer to prayer for me, because I had been asking the Lord to encourage him. Plus, this promotion has enabled us to talk to eachother more often, given that his trips are not as long as they were before; so obviously, I am loving that! What a relief it is to answer my phone and hear Drew's voice on the other end! On the other hand, though, it does make me miss him that much more.

I try to stay busy, so that maybe I won't miss him quite so much- or at least reduce the amount of time I have to just sit and worry about him. My job is going well- still dealing drugs... legally, of course! Pfizer is getting ready to go through some changes, so I am anxious to see how those changes affect the progress of the company.The Lord has definitely blessed my transition to Destin with an awesome job, great church, amazing friends, and not to mention an incredible boyfriend. :)

So I will continue to focus on those blessings and will continue to pray for Drew as he serves in Iraq. With the new transition our country will soon be making, I will also be praying for the new leadership- that God would grant our leaders wisdom to make the decisions that are in the best interest of our country; and I encourage all of you to pray as well. Thank you for all of your prayers regarding Drew up to this point, and I express my appreciation in advance for your continued support.

I have shared this with many of you before, but wanted to share it once more. It is a quote that Drew shared with me to encourage me. I thought I was supposed to be the one encouraging him!? So it is yet another display of Drew's courage and strength, things that I truly admire about him (and not to mention am so thankful for, because it makes me worry about him just a little bit less).
"Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life in fear; rather look to them with full hope that, as they arise, God, whose you are, will deliver you out of them. He is your keeper. He has kept you hitherto. Do you but hold fast to His dear hand, and He will lead you safely through all things; and, when you cannot stand, He will bear you in His arms. Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow. Our Father will either shield you from suffering, or He will give you strength to bear it." -St. Francis de Sales

No comments: