Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cheers!


So many things are going on right now, it's crazy! Aside from planning a wedding (and in my case, that has been quite a task given all the things that have not quite gone as planned), and traveling as much as I have been lately, and trying to get stuff done for school; I am also trying to get several things packed up (to give us a good start on getting the condo in Alaska set up before we officially move in it together after the wedding). I will be heading up to meet Drew very, very soon! So even though I feel like I am running a million miles a minute right now, every bit of it is worth it; because I get to see Drew very soon and spend the rest of my life with him.

Before the big Alaska trip, though; I have another bridal shower being thrown for me on Friday night by my future mother-in-law, future sister-in-law, and one of their very close family friends. I have been incredibly overwhelmed (in a good way) by so many people wanting to play a part in this special time in Drew's and my life. Drew & I are both so thankful for all the kindness that has been shown to us and continues to be shown to us each day.

And after the shower, I am heading to Atlanta with a couple of friends for the weekend. We just wanted to have a girls' weekend to spend some time together before I move; and since there aren't a lot of opportunities between now and the wedding, we decided to take advantage of the Labor Day weekend. Plus, we're staying with Aunt Debbie, who is one of the sweetest women alive; so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Not only that, but what's that saying - "Time flies when you're having fun." Good! Time needs to fly, so that Drew can be home sooner. So here's to all the kind people I have in my life, fun times, and Drew coming home safely!

No comments: