I hate being cold. I hate it. Therefore, I have only been skiing once in my life; and that was my freshman year of highschool, and I was not very good at it. Drew has been skiing several times, and he
is good at it. Neither of us had ever snowboarded before, and there is a mountain on post; so we decided that one of the new things we wanted to try was snowboarding. Really the only reason I agreed to do it is because I know that never will I ask Drew to actually TAKE me somewhere cold to go skiing or snowboarding; so while we are here and have these things accessible, we might as well try it out. So on February 12, we did...
Drew turned out to be pretty decent...
.JPG)
This picture was actually taken before we even got started...
.JPG)
...but unfortunately, that is where I spent most of the day. Well, there, or on my face. I mean, Drew was getting a little jealous of all my cool tricks; so I had to make him feel better ;)
A couple of weeks later (on February 27), wanting to check something else off our list, we decided to go test out the tube slopes; because they actually looked pretty fun. We felt like big kids! It was so fun. It was brutally cold on this particular day, though (literally it was like -15 or -20 degrees, and the windchill was even colder - yeah, that's right, I said negative, as in BELOW zero, not above zero); so I don't know if we were really stupid to be out there when it was that cold or really smart to be out there when there was no one else out there, but we got to make like 2 dozen runs in the hour and a half or so we were out there. We had a blast... at least once the frostbite wore off anyway!
Here we go...
One of our many runs...
We did some sledding throughout the winter, too. We have an elementary school with some good hills right by our house; so we went to do that a few times. Thankfully, though, the snow has finally all gone away; and Drew & I have been enjoying a lot of time outside lately (we even went to post today for a nice long walk)- so hopefully future blog posts will be more about warmer activities. As much fun as we had participating in all of those winter activities, I enjoy not freezing even moreso - so nice walks and hikes, throwing the baseball and football, and other outdoorsy activities that do not involve snow are definitely more my thing. So good-bye bitterly cold weather - thank you for the fun experiences, but I will NOT miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment