Sunday, December 21, 2008

Simply sweet? Or absolutely perfect?

Perfect is the only word I can think of to describe Drew, and that might even be an understatement. I love everything about him and feel so blessed to have him in my life. Not only him, but his family, too. I went by to drop off some Christmas goodies to them this week, and they are just such nice people. I was surprised with a gift from them as well, and I was so appreciative. And they've got a lot on their plate right now. Aside from Drew being gone, Drew's got a couple of grandparents who are having some health issues that have become pretty serious, so please be sure to keep their entire family in your prayers.

Drew just returned to his base from a week long mission. He was given a short notice last Sunday before they left; so he rushed to the phones with the Christmas package I sent him in hand. He opened it with me on the phone, enabling us to kind of share Christmas together. I didn't send him anything extravagant, so I am so thankful that he is not picky and enjoyed everything I sent him. I received his present in the mail this week, too; and he is just so sweet. I had told him not to get me anything, but to simply hurry up and come home - that's not too much to ask, right!? :) Well, he doesn't listen very well; because he did get me something, and he isn't home yet. Ok, so he's ALMOST perfect. Haha. Seriously, though, he is amazing; and I really wish he could be going to New York with me on Tuesday.



Tuesday- wow! I can't believe it's already time to go. Time is going so fast. Last Christmas seems like yesterday; and last Christmas was kinda sad, because my 2 older siblings weren't with us. And because my camera still will not connect to my computer, I will just show you some pictures from pictures from the past (eventually, I WILL post some pictures of my house all nicely decorated - especially for you, Melinda :) ).








Christmas morning 2006 -
The infamous stair shot with the two brothers, sister-in-law, and myself.


Melinda, Josh, and Jack did get to come later on Christmas day (2006).
Right before they left to return to Oklahoma, they informed us they were having another child by having Jack wear a "I'm the big brother!" t-shirt. Merry Christmas!!
Exactly 8 months from this day, Beau was born (August 30, 2007).



Christmas morning 2007 - Curt, me, Mom, and of course the dogs.
The stair shot seemed kind of sad last year, since Curt and I were the only kids there;
but we still had fun.


One of my mom's beautiful trees! I love my parents' house all decorated for Christmas!



My parents' gorgeous house! I can't wait to get there!

My whole family is already there - my sister and her kids arrived today. I will be arriving there Tuesday night, and I can't wait to see everyone! The freezing cold weather is not something I am looking forward to; apparently, they received about a foot of snow this weekend. So I have had to just keep saying to myself, "I love my family. I love my family. I love my family." I can put up with some cold weather to spend 10 or so days with them. I'd put up with even colder weather if Drew could be there. He will be here in February, though; and that will be here before we know it. Thank the Lord for that! I don't think I have ever been so excited about anything in my entire life. But one step at a time, right!? So step 1 - Christmas vacation with the family. New York, here I come!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I left you something on my blog. Come and get it : )