Saturday, December 6, 2008

Worth a Thousand Words?

Whenever asked the question, "If your house was on fire, what one thing would you grab on your way out?" As cheesy as it may be, my answer has always been my pictures (and now, that would actually be a huge external hard drive where all my pictures are stored because I very rarely actually develop any of my pictures- sad, I know). Seriously, though, I really love all my pictures, because I think pictures can capture something about an event that nothing else can. I am always the one at any event with my friends or family who has the camera out, obnoxiously taking pictures of anything and everything. Recently, I have lightened up a little bit; but seeing as how I will be seeing my favorite picture subjects (my precious nephews of course) in just a couple of weeks (people I haven't seen since February - see picture above on left), I have a feeling that I may be even more obnoxious than ever before (Sorry Jack & Beau, but you will just have to humor your "Aunt Beef" for a few days).


Now knowing how obsessed I am with pictures (I'm sure most of you already knew that), you can now understand why I was so excited to receive a CD of pictures and videos in the mail yesterday... from DREW! I was even on the phone with him while I opened my mailbox and received the wonderful little package. Drew is so sweet that he sent me some pictures of various things, trying to help me visualize a lot of the things he tells me about on the phone or in his letters and emails. After some begging done on my part, he finally gave me permission to post a few of them - but only a certain few haha. So below are the ones I was given permission to post. Enjoy!


Apparently, camels are everywhere!

A helicopter landed right where Drew and his men were on a mission

Drew and his platoon with their 3 vehicles (he's at the end on the left in the back)- I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that he is the platoon leader

A close-up of Drew in their group picture - Yeah, he's pretty good-looking :)

Drew (on right) & his platoon sargeant in the back of their vehicle

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Jack and Beau are anxiously awaiting for their pictures to be taken by you...hahahahah