Thanksgiving came and went so fast. I spent my Thanksgiving holiday with some family in Ft. Myers. We live in the same state, and it was still an 8 hour drive to get there! It was well worth it, though. I had so much fun with Aunt Debra, the kids, and other relatives - eating food, having bonfires, playing games, watching football. Debra and I even stayed up until 3 o'clock one morning doing an insanely difficult puzzle. Both of us are extremely anal and stubborn, so we refused to go to bed before it was finished. We succeeded, but definitely realized we are both ridiculous. :) It was an awesome trip, and I can't wait for the next opportunity to go back down there.And now, it's on to Christmas... I have had my Christmas decorations up for a few weeks now (my computer won't let me upload my pictures, so hopefully I can post some later). Know
I've been getting to talk to Drew quite a bit lately (including today). Receiving phone calls from him is a huge highlight of my day, and I am so thankful for them. In a recent letter, Drew told me about some unfortunate events that took place a few weeks ago, but everything (in that regard) has been taken care of for the most part. Drew did receive his promotion last week. He is now a first lieutenant and is pretty excited about it.
I am so in awe of his consistant positive attitude. Sure, there are things that take place that might frustrate him a little bit every now and then, especially some of those events that occurred over the past few weeks; but when I put myself in his shoes, I know I would not be able to handle things as well as he does.
It reminds me of a verse in Isaiah that says, "You keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You" (Is. 26:3). Drew is trusting God in every little circumstance and in the situation as a whole, and God is blessing his mind and heart with a peace that couldn't come from anywhere but Him. What an amazing example that sets for me (the worrier)!
What is my mind stayed on? Honestly, sometimes it's other things besides the Lord - whether it be how much I want Drew here right now, or worrying about where he is and how safe he is, or a bunch of other things. It doesn't take long for God to snap me out of my "zone" each time I enter it; and remind me that He has a perfect will (which consists of perfect timing). If I focus on that, I will receive His peace.
1 comment:
Still waiting on pictures of your cute little house all decorated for Christmas.... : )
Post a Comment